The following information is intended for students currently enrolled in the GIS and Geospatial Technology certificate program. If you are a new or prospective student and are interested in enrolling for the first time, learn how to enroll.
Welcome to all current certificate and specialization students! This page provides information about the program's sequencing and curriculum to ensure that you can effectively plan for your participation in the GIS and Geospatial Technology certificate program.
Next Quarter: Winter 2019 (Begins January 14)
Let's begin by taking a look at the course offerings for the next academic quarter. Courses for the Winter 2019 quarter begin on January 14, and the following certificate courses will be offered (click the link for each course to start the enrollment process):
Annual Course Scheduling Plan
The GIS and Geospatial Technology certificate program follows a pre-defined course schedule every academic year. The program's foundational course, Introduction to GIS, is taught every quarter, and the other four required courses are each taught every other quarter per the following schedule:
- GEOG XL 7: Introduction to GIS -- offered every academic quarter; four start dates per year
- GEOG XL 168: Intermediate GIS -- offered every Spring quarter (begins April) and Fall quarter (begins October)
- GEOG XL 170: Advanced GIS -- offered every Spring quarter (begins April) and Fall quarter (begins October)
- GEOG XL 167: Cartography -- offered every Winter quarter (begins January) and Summer quarter (begins July)
- GEOG XL 173: GIS Programming -- offered every Winter quarter (begins January) and Summer quarter (begins July)
Academic Year 2018 - 2019 Quarter Start/End Dates
- Fall 2018: October 1 to December 9, 2018
- Winter 2019: January 14 to March 24, 2018
- Spring 2019: April 8 to June 16, 2018
Information posted on this page is subject to change and revision.