UCLA Extension's GIS and Geospatial Technology Certificate Program, created in partnership with the UCLA Department of Geography, is an entry-level program designed to help students with little to no formal GIS training or work experience develop the skills necessary to either integrate GIS into an existing career or find an entry-level GIS job.
Geospatial @ UCLA, in partnership with UCLA Extension, offers a fully online certificate program in geographic information systems (GIS) and technology. This fully-online, one-year certificate program provides a comprehensive introduction to state-of-the-art methods and techniques within the field of geographic information systems (GIS) and geospatial technology. All courses are designed to accommodate the schedules of working professionals. and no prior GIS experience is required or assumed. Participants who complete the program can expect to be sufficiently prepared for an entry-level job in GIS and/or related geospatial industries.
Upon completion of the certificate program, students will have learned:
- A greater appreciation for geography and increased spatial awareness;
- The ability to ask higher-order geographic questions and to solve advanced geographically-based problems;
- Data collection, spatial analysis and data processing skills;
- Proficiency with working with spatial data and geographic information systems (GIS);
- How to make maps with GIS;
- Computing, problem-solving, and project management skills that will be of use throughout your academic career and in the geospatial technology industry.